Welcome to the customer service area of theurbanbirder.com.
We are committed to giving you the very best customer experience. The information below should answer any questions you may have. However, if there is something specific that is not listed, you can always contact us for help and support.
- Price and payment
- Discount codes
Standard UK orders are sent via Royal Mail and selected orders, such as European or Worldwide deliveries, via partner couriers.All international orders are sent via Royal Mail parcels service.We will always try to send your order in as few packages as possible. However sometimes we have to send your items separately, but we’ll display this clearly in My Account.
Postal services vary around the world and delivery speed depends on the delivery country and the item you are ordering.
How do I track my order? A tracking link is shown in the My Account pages.
We deliver to the UK, Europe and The Rest of the World zones. Delivery charges will vary depending on your delivery destination.
Price and payment
Prices listed include VAT (if applicable) and delivery is displayed at checkout.
We try to offer the most competitive prices at all times, so our prices frequently change. The prices displayed in checkout on the confirmation page / email will be those charged.
A small number of pre-paid payment cards can’t be processed. If you are trying to use a pre-paid payment card and are having difficulties please contact us.
You can pay using MasterCard credit or debit cards, Visa credit or debit cards, Solo, American Express via PayPal.
In order for our payment provider to check that your credit / debit card details are correct and valid they perform a verification check on your card. Occasionally this involves a small (£/$/€ 1) authorisation being generated, which may appear on your statement.
Please note, the money will not actually be taken from your account and this charge should disappear or be reversed within a couple of days. If you believe this charge has not been correctly reversed, please use the Contact Us section and we can look into the issue further.
All item prices shown on theurbanbirder.com include VAT (if applicable), the amount is based on your location / country.
If you decide to deliver the item to another country, VAT will be adjusted.
VAT may vary from country to country and will need to be paid as part of your order.
Any VAT charges will be clearly displayed on the checkout pages.
If you’ve changed your mind, you can return an item(s) for a full refund. Please be advised that we cannot currently exchange items.
For a refund, the item(s) need to be returned:
- in the original undamaged condition; ideally in the original packaging.
- to the correct return address.
- within 30 days from the day you received the item(s).
- with a copy of your receipt.
We recommend you use a registered mail service that includes insurance, as we can not give you a refund if we do not receive the item, or if it becomes damaged in transit.
Also, ensure that you include details of your name, address and order number, so that we can process your return as quickly as possible.
What you need to do
- Fill in the return form, which came with your receipt.
- Use the return address sticker to address your item.
- Make sure the return form is filled in and enclosed.
- Post your item(s) back to us at:
PO Box 3957
Wiltshire, SN8 9ED
Damaged or incorrect item(s)
If your item(s) have arrived damaged or if we have sent you the wrong item(s) please contact us and provide us the order number and details.
How will you be refunded?
Can I change my delivery address after I’ve ordered?
Speed of service is very important to us. If your item is in stock, it’s often ready to be dispatched the same day. Because of this, it is vital to double-check your order before it’s submitted.
We understand that everyone makes mistakes and occasionally you may want to amend an order. If this is the case, use the form on our Contact Us page, sending us as much information as you can so that we can do our best to help.
In the event of dispatched items being delayed or lost in the post, we will offer a replacement or refund. However, item(s) are sometimes delayed in transit, something that is out of our control.
Because of this, we ask you to wait a set time after the date of dispatch, outlined in our dispatch confirmation, before contacting us about your item(s).
- UK – 10 days.
- Western Europe – 21 days
- USA and Canada – 21 days.
- Rest of the world – 35 days.
If you have waited the listed time for your item, which still has not arrived, please contact us with as much information as possible.
Discount codes can only be used and applied to your order during checkout. Simply enter your code on the payment page.
The code is valid for one use per customer.
Discount codes will have an expiry date; we’d hate you to miss out so please make sure the code is still valid.
Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
We have the right to withdraw the offer at any time and without notice.
We take your data security very seriously, we do everything possible for you to shop with confidence.
Any data held about you and your order is held securely and encrypted to ensure that your details cannot be read by any unauthorised third party.
We use PayPal for our transactions, we feel it’s the best solution for secure, online commerce transactions.
Please note: we will never ask you to reveal your credit card pin, password or bank details. If you are ever contacted or receive unsolicited emails asking for this kind of information, which you do not think is genuine, please Contact Us.
We want to make our blog an enjoyable read and what better way than by hearing the views of other bird lovers. That’s why we encourage everybody to share reviews on posts they’ve read and help others find their next brilliant read.
So, who can write reviews?
Everybody. You just need to add your comment following a few simple ‘house rules’.Our top tips
- Tell us ‘why’: Instead of only saying what you did and didn’t like, tell us why you felt that way about the post. Using examples and/or comparisons is a great way to do this.
- Somewhere between a tweet and an essay: The ideal length is 100-200 words but if you have more to say then please do so. However, there is a limit.
- Give suggestions: Suggest similar posts that we might want to read if we enjoy the post you’re reviewing. We’ll all really appreciate it!
- Be honest: It’s important you give your honest opinion, both good and bad. Criticism is welcome, as long as it isn’t offensive (see our ‘house rules’).
Our simple house rules
We love hearing your views and encourage you to write as many reviews as you’d like to but please keep in mind that we reserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
- Obscene or distasteful content including sexually explicit comments.
- Profane or spiteful remarks.
- Reviews that are harassing or threatening, or that contain hate speech or bigotry.
- Advertisements or promotional material.
- Sentiments by or on behalf of a person, company or website with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing product.
- Reviews written for any form of compensation.
- Solicitations for votes .
- Reviews that are not your own original work.
- Phone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and URLs external to theurbanbirder.com.
- Details about availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping methods.
- Remarks directed at other reviewers.
Reviews posted on theurbanbirder.com are based on individual’s opinions.
The opinions expressed in reviews are those of theurbanbirder.com visitors and not ours.
We do not endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers.
If you have any questions about writing or submitting customer reviews, please contact us.